Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: "Tatsuo Ishii" <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Honda Shigehiro" <fwif0083(at)mb(dot)infoweb(dot)ne(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support
Date: 2007-03-27 22:47:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi,

> We are doing the support including the trouble. It was thought that the
> place of JPUG was preferable for the reasons why they were problems too
> peculiar to Japan.

Well, some of PostgreSQL's commercial distributors have been pretty
surprised when they package PostgreSQL and find out that the main
distribution has no Japanese support (I know because I get the confused
emails). I've an open offer from the Sun i18N people to help with this,
if they can coordinate with you.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus