Re: Encoding problems

From: Ivo Rossacher <rossacher(at)bluewin(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Encoding problems
Date: 2007-03-22 19:00:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
show client_encoding  displays the encoding to which the server currently is
converting. With set client_encoding to UNICODE; you can change the
client_encoding on the fly and check if the results becomes better. I am not
sure how to adjust the client_encoding in pgAdmin so that this will be set at
startup automtically. There is a default client_encoding stored in the server
as well but there you have to check if it interfers with your other
interfaces.

Best regards
Ivo