Re: problem upgrading from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 --- relation <tablename> does not exist

From: "Glen W(dot) Mabey" <Glen(dot)Mabey(at)swri(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem upgrading from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 --- relation <tablename> does not exist
Date: 2007-03-12 15:03:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 06:29:21PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Glen W. Mabey" <Glen(dot)Mabey(at)swri(dot)org> writes:
> > What I see is a bunch of stuff related to the Acquisitions table,
> > including a relation for the primary key, which was created back when
> > the table was named "Acquisition" (not plural), and two different views
> > which draw on Acquisitions, both of which appear to be fully
> > functional.
>
> I wonder whether "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index" would make
> this go away.

Great -- that did it.

However, after I executed that command, SELECT FROM "Acquisitions" LIMIT 1; still
indicated that "Acquisitions" did not exist. But then a pg_dump command
succeeded, and afterwared, SELECT FROM "Acquisitions" LIMIT 1; did also
succeed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Is this a bug that should be reported?

And, what does "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index" do, anyway?

Also, there is another user who has posted to this list describing what
I first saw when encountering this problem: trouble running pg_dump.

Thanks,
Glen