Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
Date: 2007-03-04 12:28:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello all,

This weekend we had a postgresql booth in Chemnitz at the Linuxday
(http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2007/info/) and it was very
successfull. Like last weekend at FOSDEM the busy day was saturday.
Sunday is a bit calmer also because the weather is better than
yesterday.

We had a lot of visitors (from companies and private visitors) and many
good questions. In contrast to Brussels every third question was about
the difference to Mysql, after this, the difference to Oracle. Other
topics are replication (master/master, master/slave), having PG running
on Windows, what new features the next version will bring and many
questions for documents about optimization and parameter tuning. The
German Usergroup will create some flyers for the most asked topics,
maybe we can create them together and just translate them for all
countries.

But beside this questions many visitors told us that they are already
using PostgreSQL and that they are happy using it.

A word about the merchandising: we only had white shirts, but was asked
some more times about the black ones and the shirts with the big
elephant on it. And of course, the 5 blue plush elephants we had are
gone after a very short time.

Some pictures can be found here:

http://ads.wars-nicht.de/blog/archives/124-Pictures-from-Linuxdays-in-Chemnitz.html

Kind regards