ODBC problem with local PostgreSQL 8.1 DBMS

From: "Nardmann, Heiko" <heiko(dot)nardmann(at)secunet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC problem with local PostgreSQL 8.1 DBMS
Date: 2007-03-01 14:58:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi together,

I have a problem with connections to a PostgreSQL 8.1 system. My locally
running application does about a few hundred SELECTs. During these SELECTs at
a random point one SELECT (not even the same) fails always. The failing
appears as some sort of Windows exception which I cannot details of because
my C++ application catches this exception only by 'catch (...)'. Any other
possible exception class is caught before and therefore not candidate for
this special exception.

Another thing is that the selects run really long but maybe this is just a
problem of the last (failing) SELECT and a timeout. I am not sure about this.

The strange thing about this is that the problem only occurrs when connecting
to the DBMS from the same (local) machine. It does NOT occur when connecting
to the DBMS from remote.
So my idea was that maybe ODBC is doing something wrong. Any idea how to trace
this?

Thanks in advance!

Heiko Nardmann

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Patrick HatcherDate: 2007-03-01 15:47:40