Re: update to main page for feature freeze

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: update to main page for feature freeze
Date: 2007-02-27 22:35:54
Lists: pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> > This is all about letting the community know what is going on with us.
> > Especially the community that isn't here everyday in the lists. The only
> > reason I even included the links was because I know people who aren't on
> > the lists but would love to know what is going on with PostgreSQL.
>
> "Current Development Status: Orange"
>
> Oh, wait, that's the wrong sort of alert. ;-)
>
> Seriously, what I would suggest is that we put timeline information
> on /developer/roadmap, which is the correct place for it:
>
> March 31, 2007 Feature Freeze
> May-June 2007 Beta begins
> August-October 2007 8.3 Released
> March 31, 2008 Feature freeze for 8.4 (tentative)

It would be good if you matched the information in the developer's FAQ:

<P>The development schedule for the 8.3 release is:</P>
<DL>
<DD>March 1, 2007</DD>
<DT>Initial community review of all major feature patches</DT>
<DD>April 1, 2007</DD>
<DT>Feature freeze, all patches must be submitted for review and application</DT>
<DD>mid-May, 2007</DD>
<DT>All patches applied, beta testing begins</DT>
<DD>July, 2007</DD>
<DT>Release of 8.3.0</DT>
</DL>