Re: SCMS question

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Warren Turkal <wt(at)penguintechs(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCMS question
Date: 2007-02-24 00:03:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:24:29PM -0700, Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Friday 23 February 2007 15:50, you wrote:
> > How to people get a branch? Do they have their own logins?
>
> If monotone is something like Git, you just create it in your local working
> copy and push is somewhere public when you are ready, or you can just
> generate the changeset and submit that.

One additional benefit... we've talked about allowing certain patches to
be automatically verified by the buildfarm to guard against bitrot and
provide additional testing, but one of the big issues has been how to
distribute those patches. Using a distributed SCM would make it easier
to do this; we'd just have to supply buildfarm machines with a list of
approved branches that they should be pulling from (or perhaps some SCMs
would allow a means of tagging that).
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net