Re: [HACKERS] HOT WIP Patch - version 2

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] HOT WIP Patch - version 2
Date: 2007-02-23 06:28:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

There's a fair amount of added work to be done when updating tuples.
Will it be possible to postpone some of that to the bgwriter in a later
version? I realize that sometimes you'll still want to do the work up
front, like if it means we can stay on the same page instead of going
cold...

--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net