BUG #3059: psql to 'postgres' shortcut

From: "Raymond Naseef" <raymondnaseef(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3059: psql to 'postgres' shortcut
Date: 2007-02-23 03:15:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3059
Logged by: Raymond Naseef
Email address: raymondnaseef(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

The shortcut to run psql.exe added to the menus is a great think to do, but
when the program stops the window closes with no pause or time delay.

This is a serious issue if the login fails. Sometimes I forget to start the
server, but I do not know that because I cannot read text in ~0.02 seconds.

BTW, I bet some of your other .bat files have the same issue.

Please run it by doing 1 or other:
1. Putting a "pause" at the end of the batch file.
2. cmd.exe /K "<command line>"
(just note the "" for default user name will make this fail. Sorry I do
not know how to fix that unless username has no bad-for-cmd characters in
it, then quotes are not needed)