Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andrew Hammond <andrew(dot)george(dot)hammond(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?
Date: 2007-02-21 22:54:23
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-www
Updated wording:

    <P>The PostgreSQL team only adds bug fixes to minor releases.  All
    users should upgrade to the most recent minor release as soon as
    possible.  While upgrades always have some risk, PostgreSQL minor
    releases fix only frequently-encountered, security, and data corruption
    bugs, to reduce the risk of upgrading.  The community considers
    <i>not</i> upgrading more risky than upgrading.</P>