query regarding php

From: "sahaanaa subha" <sahaanaa(at)kify(dot)net>
To: <p_prakash99(at)lycos(dot)com>, <trupti_rajpura(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <vishal(at)alphasolv(dot)com>, <news(at)aynsoft(dot)com>, <nakul(at)glidemail(dot)com>, <joydip(at)allindialive(dot)com>, <sunvyas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <ash(at)alinnov(dot)com>, <skotak(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query regarding php
Date: 2007-02-21 12:50:43
Lists: pgsql-php

<DIV style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;">Dear sir,<BR>&nbsp;Iam using PHP not as a stanalone application<BR>&nbsp;Iam using postgresql with PHP. when i have installed this PHP5 with postgresql8.1.4 and apache2.0<BR>&nbsp;I have installed a whole package of this availble from bitrock website.So i havent installed PHP as a stanalone application. <BR>The application works fine .<BR>&nbsp;But the problem is If i create any webbased PHP(*.php) application to run that i have to place them in hpdock of apache folder. only then iam able to run the application. else iam unable to run the webpage. So would you suggest me a better way to run any of my php applications from my home directory without placing them in hpdocs.I have istalled this PHP in my linux workstation as a root user. so if i have to use this as a non root user iam unable to access the hpdocs folder ( for some security reasons i dont want to give access to the folder as other user). so please suggest me a way to run this applications from my home directory only.<BR>Have i to change any configuration file for this. If so please say me which file and what modifications has to be made.<BR>Your answers will be quite helpful.<BR>I was said that it was due to apache virtual host . so do i have to make any modification to the config file and if so what modification<BR>for example,if have a test file phptest.php then i can run the file by placing it inside<BR>/apache2/htdocs/ and type the following address "<A href="http://127.0.0.1:8089/phptest.php">http://127.0.0.1:8089/phptest.php</A>" in my webbrowser.<BR>Instead of doing this i just want to open my web browser and run the phptest.php file from my home directory eg /home/sahaanaa/phptest.php<BR>how do i do it.?<BR>&nbsp;thankyou<BR>&nbsp;sahaanaa<BR>&nbsp;<BR><HR>I use Kify Mail - http://email.kify.com - Get your Kify Mail Account Today - Its Free, Fast, Easy, Secure &amp; Spam-Free.</DIV>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.9 KB