BUG #3041: Universal Binary Support in Configure

From: "Matt Smith" <mps(at)utas(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3041: Universal Binary Support in Configure
Date: 2007-02-20 23:50:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3041
Logged by:          Matt Smith
Email address:      mps(at)utas(dot)edu(dot)au
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.3
Operating system:   Mac OS X
Details:

Hello! From what I can tell, there is no universal binary support in
./configure for compiling postgresql for both PPC macs and Intel macs. Sorry
if I simply missed it.

It is certainly doable, if the info found here is correct.
http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=9579#9579

I am going to follow through the script to get a universal binary for
myself.

However, it would be great if the postgresql configure script supported some
sort of '--enable-universalsdk' in much the same way that python and others
do, so a universal binary would be easy to create in the future.

Thanks!

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Unmesh ChuriDate: 2007-02-20 23:51:56