Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprofprofilingoverwrites

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Nikhil S <nikhil(dot)sontakke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Korry Douglas <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprofprofilingoverwrites
Date: 2007-02-20 02:31:27
Lists: pgsql-patches
OK, I took Korry's gmon.out patch and Nikhil's patch and
made a combined version.  It seems the gmon.out and -pg flags are
GCC-specific, rather than being platform-specific, so what I did was to
allow --enable-profiling to only work with GCC.

Patch attached.

Nikhil S wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
> I saw this mail of yours a bit late. Have coded up a patch to accept
> --enable-profiling via configure. It is attached with this mail.
> It stores the flag in the src/template/linux file.
> If you have not started working on it, maybe you can review this and
> forward it to Korry if this is useful?
> Regards,
> Nikhils
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> >> I don't feel competent to muck around with (sorry, I'm not
> >> tying to shirk the work, I've just never had any success in writing
> >> configure/automake/autoconf stuff - I have the "leaping goats" book, but
> >> I need a small meaningful example to start with).
> >>
> >> Can someone else volunteer to make this change?  And then forward the
> >> patch to me so I can learn something useful about how to change
> >> without breaking it?
> >>

> > I can work on this.

  Bruce Momjian  <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>

pgsql-patches by date