Re: rename a cluster

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rename a cluster
Date: 2007-02-16 21:58:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 04:35:40PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Renaming the directory is OK. Just make sure your init script or
> > whatever finds it.
>
> Oh, and make sure the postmaster isn't running when you do the rename.

Right, there are a few operational considerations. I think this topic
should be get documented. I didn't know if there was anything internal
from the initdb and didn't see the answer anywhere.

Really good news found here on this topic. Everyday seems to bring more good
stuff from pg-land. I go live with three more apps with pg backends in the
morning, converted from oracle, btw ;)