Re: possible Bug in windows version ?

From: gpio Oxxce <gp_io_07(at)yahoo(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible Bug in windows version ?
Date: 2007-02-14 12:30:47
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi All,

You have right, the windows firewall caused the problem !!
Thx again

George

"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)" <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk> έγραψε:        If you're running one of Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003, the Windows Firewall will be blocking the connection.
 If you have the "Windows Firewall" option in Control Panel, check it's disabled, then try again.

 If that cures your problem, add an exception in for port 5432 before you turn the firewall back on.

 Andy.

 gpio Oxxce wrote: Hi Paul, All,

 My host   pg_hba.conf:
 host     all         all         127.0.0.1/32                 md5
 host    all         all          192.168.1.1/32          trust
 host    all         all          192.168.1.2/32          trust

 and postgresql.conf:
 listen_addresses = '*'
 port = 5432
 max_connections = 100

 the 192.168.1.1 is also the server IP, and I am tryning to connect from the 192.168.1.2 with pgExlorer and pgAdmin  but I get a message :
 "Cannot connect to Server. Connection timeout . Chech if the server is running and accepting TCP connections on 5432"

 I will try to setup the database and see if this happens also the binary distribution without  the installer.

 Thx
 George

   Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au> έγραψε:    gpio Oxxce wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > After downloading and installing the latest Postgresql server
 > (postgresql-8.2.3-1..zip
 > )
 > I can not make it accept local IP connections!
 > I edit the |pg_hba.conf |file with
 >
 > host all all 192.168.100.1/32 trust
 >
 > but still I can't connect from 192.168.100.1 to the DB.
 > Also during the installation I checked the option "Accept TCP
 > connections.." (or something like that)
 >
 > Am I missing something or it is a possible bug ?
 >
 > Thanks
 > George

 In putting in the above line did you replace the host line with address
 "127.0.0.1/32"? If so, that's probably your problem - it needs the 127*
 line. Is postmaster listening on the default port (5432) or did you
 change that during install? (Can check that in the postgresql.conf file
 in the same place as pg_hba.conf)

 How are you trying to connect? (pgAdminIII, some other program using the
 ODBC driver?) What error are you getting?

 NB: I get access denied if I put my servers IP address into the
 pg_hba.conf file and comment out the existing 127 address line. Local
 connections would not go out through the network and would thus not be
 seen by PG as coming from your 192/168 address.

 P..

 --
 Paul Lambert
 Database Administrator

---------------------------------
 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

---------------------------------
 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
   http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr    !DSPAM:37,45d2ce7b18511494436004!

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!