phpinfo(): postgresql versions' mismatch

From: Mihail Mihailov <Mihail(dot)Mihailov(at)uta(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: phpinfo(): postgresql versions' mismatch
Date: 2007-02-09 09:31:29
Lists: pgsql-php
Dear all,

I have recently found out that  PHP libpq Version reported by
phpinfo() doesn't match the Actual PGSQL Version on the server.
I suspect this is the reason why some of postgresql queries do not run
via web interface and run without any problem via psql.
I have checked the web for an answer but found so far only this thread:

They say that it is not critical if php uses the old libpq, still it
is better if the versions match.

The question is how what shall I do to make them match.

I'm using
Debian Sarge 3.1 (stable)
PostgreSql 8.1.4 (installed via Debian backports)
php version 5.2.0-8 (also installed from backports)
phpinfo() reports that:
    PostgreSQL(libpq) Version 	7.4.7
    I believe I have both libpq3 and libpq4

I've checked /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pgsql.ini and

Thanks in advence for any advice,

pgsql-php by date