Re: destroyed db/index (corruption)

From: Michael Monnerie <michael(dot)monnerie(at)it-management(dot)at>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: destroyed db/index (corruption)
Date: 2007-02-05 21:36:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Montag, 5. Februar 2007 15:22 Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> This ERROR is normally thrown when you *try* to violate a unique
> constraint. Can you demonstrate the presence of the UNIQUE constraint
> on your table and the pair of identical key values rows?
> Post a description (\d) of your table, and then the select stmt which
> return the 2 bad rows.

Kalispera Achilleas,

I will do this soon. Just now I'm upgrading that VM from SUSE 10.1 to
10.2, so later this night I'll reload the databases.

> I might be wrong, but i would bet the whole issue began because
> some rows were inserted by a client (other than the reloading psql)
> during reload but before the UNIQUE KEY DDL
> was executed, or smth like that, or simply because this bayes_seen
> value is attempted to be inserted again
> (for reasons beyond our scope)

No, I started those DBs fresh with the command

pg_restore -v pg.fulldump.bayes_power2u.sqlz | \
psql -U postgres bayes_pg3 -f -

Is there an easy way to find out which key is duplicated while I have
that DB running? The log doesn't show it, and the last time I did
reload with trial-and-error:
- start reload
- it stops somewhere complaining about line 34587328 or similiar
- make some tail & head foo, or vi, to delete the one duplicate line
- start again...

It would be nice to have a simpler process. Could it be that the stored
procedure could cause a problem? I took all that from the SpamAssassin
Wiki, without modification.

mfg zmi
--
// Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc ----- http://it-management.at
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666 .network.your.ideas.