database developer

From: "Clark C(dot) Evans" <cce(at)clarkevans(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database developer
Date: 2007-01-31 18:15:04
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Database Developer

Weare looking for an experienced server-side database developer to
support leading scientific researchers. You will be using PostgreSQL
and Python to create data conversion scripts, custom reports,
server-side logic (stored procedures), regression tests, and other
fun/challenging stuff.

This position is for a full-time employee at our office in New
Haven, Connecticut. We are conveniently located near the Yale
Medical School. Telecommute up to 80% possible.

Compensation is $55K to $85K/year, plus benefits and project-based
bonuses, commensurate with experience. This is not a J2EE job. No
recruiting agencies please.

Please send your resume and salary requirements to:
job_dba_20061213(at)prometheusresarch(dot)com

About Our Company

Prometheus is a software development house and consultancy that uses
open-source tools to solve scientific data-management problems. Most
of our work is released as open-source software.

Our clients are world-renowned biomedical researchers in exciting
fields such as clinical genetics and Autism research who rely on our
web-based integrated data management system to streamline their
large scientific projects. Recent challenges include connecting
multiple data collection sites into a nation-wide network, and
supporting multi-disciplinary scientific collaborations.

For additional information about our company, please visit our
website at: http://www.prometheusresearch.com. Prometheus is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.

Minimum Qualifications:

* B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree
* Experience working with SQL Databases
* Experience writing and maintaining SQL queries, stored
procedures, and triggers
* Experience writing and maintaining regression tests
* Excellent technical writing and organizational skills
* Excellent oral and written English
communication skills

Preferred Qualifications

* PostgreSQL, Python, PL/Python, PL/pgSQL
* Experience participating in open source projects
* Experience with SysAdmin tasks in Linux or FreeBSD
* Web design experience with DHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
* Experience with JavaScript and open-source toolkits (Qooxdoo)