Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Alexander B(dot)" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Subject: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Date: 2007-01-23 23:30:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> > Can we compare the same powerful like Oracle has on Xml?
>
> I don't think so that current xml2 support is according to the SQL
> 2003 standards and for now it is I guess just the basic one.

The functionality of the xml2 contrib module is almost completely
orthogonal to what the SQL standard says in matters of XML.  Whether
either of these are equally "powerful" as what Oracle offers, I can't
say, but since we're currently working on enhanced XML functionality in
8.3, I invite comments on that.

--
Peter Eisentraut