Re: Re: [ODBC] linked tables in MS Access

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Jiří Nouza <nouza(at)seznam(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [ODBC] linked tables in MS Access
Date: 2007-01-23 10:48:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:21:58AM +0100, Jiří Nouza napsal(a):
> Of course I had commlog and mylog turned on. But I've never thought
> that writing some kb (ok, few megabytes) of text could have such big
> affect :(

mylog is very detailed log (all SQL statement all getted values, ...)
and it's called very often in the code.
psqlodbc.log should be ok (there are few informations).

> It seems that turning off helps very well. Access work by now commonly fast.
>
> I will try to change "use declare/fetch" and "cache size" but it is
> hard to debug via mylog because it is unbelievable slow.

You don't need it if it's ok now for you. Use declare/fetch convert
SELECT statements to cursor so the result is fetched in "cache size"
blocks. Sometime it helps sometime it kills the performance.

Regards,

Luf