SVOSUG features PostgreSQL user, Thursday

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SVOSUG features PostgreSQL user, Thursday
Date: 2007-01-22 23:39:40
Lists: sfpug
All,

This Thursday the Silicon Valley Solaris Users' Group will be featuring
PostgreSQL-on-Solaris using company Joyent.  I'll be there, other South
Bay SFPUGers are encouraged to join me.  We could even meet for dinner
before/after.

===================

I'm happy to anounce that Ben Rockwood, Director of Systems, Joyent Inc.,
and
long time Solaris/OpenSolaris supporter and advocate of OpenSolaris in our
community, will tell exactly why Joyent doesn't fsck. In fact, Joyent uses
OpenSolaris so they don't fsck! This will be the first time we hear from a
community development using OpenSolaris.

As many of you know, Ben has been one of the early supporters of
OpenSolaris,
and with his role at Joyent is making a difference by using OpenSolaris.
Joyent has been one of the vocal companies to advocate ZFS use on
production
systems.

I'd like to see more folks from the community offer to speak, if you think
your company has something to offer which is related to OpenSolaris, please
let me know and we'll try to setup a meeting for you to present to, either
short or full presentation.

 When: Thursday, Jan. 25st, 2006
Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (upstairs)
 What: Why Joyent doesn't fsck?
 Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
  Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/aland/scasj_dirmap.pdf

Call-in Info:

Toll Free: 866-545-5227
Intnl/pay: 865-673-6950
Conference: 809-64-14

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

sfpug by date

Next:From: Adi AlurkarDate: 2007-01-23 01:00:31