BUG #2915: Not working: GRANT * TO GROUP *

From: "Alvaro Alvarez" <alvaro(dot)a(dot)alvarez(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2915: Not working: GRANT * TO GROUP *
Date: 2007-01-22 01:27:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2915
Logged by: Alvaro Alvarez
Email address: alvaro(dot)a(dot)alvarez(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
Operating system: Windows Vista
Details:

Hello.

I am trying to assign connect and temporary privilages to a group and it is
not working. I think i am writing the SQL sentence correctly, but it doesn't
work.

db: a default empty database.
db_group: a group role.

I tried, using both the GUI and CLI:
GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO GROUP db_group;

But somehow the results was as if i had witten (even though there is no
db_group user):
GRANT CONNECT, TEMPORARY ON DATABASE db TO db_group;

Regards,

Alvaro.