Re: Questions for Meredith

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Meredith L(dot) Patterson" <mlp(at)thesmartpolitenerd(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Questions for Meredith
Date: 2007-01-22 00:11:24
Lists: sfpug

Meredith,

> On one hand, it would be terribly nice to find a one-size-fits-all
> solution, but I doubt that if you put five DBAs in a room you could get
> them all to agree on what constitutes a sufficiently secure sublanguage.

I don't think we should try to fly while we're still toddling. I'd rather see
us work out the minimal things necessary to make Dejector immediately usable
in the field, and then start developing more sophisticated APIs based on
real-world feedback. Heck, some of the users will develop the APIs for you.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun