Re: VoIP recommendations

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: SF PostgreSQL <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VoIP recommendations
Date: 2007-01-18 23:28:26
Lists: sfpug

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 12:23:45PM -0800, George Pavlov wrote:
> since it seems that we have permanently changed the subject matter of
> the list (:-), let me give an important word of warning: DO NOT get
> voice (or any kind of service) from earthlink. i currently have their
> bundled IP phone and DSL service and while a good bargain (~$50/mo) and
> working decently since established, the switchover to them was a
> month-plus-long nightmare of lies, incompetence, etc.

I'll second (and third) that. A friend of mine in San Jose had a
similarly epic experience. Also, for their plain DSL service, a friend
in Oakland had several weeks during her transition where they weren't
providing service, but were charging her anyway. :(

--
Quinn Weaver DBA Fairpath
http://fairpath.com/quinn/contact/