Trustworthy laptop repair?

From: Quinn Weaver <quinn(at)fairpath(dot)com>
To: sanfrancisco-pm(at)pm(dot)org
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trustworthy laptop repair?
Date: 2007-01-17 21:38:32
Lists: sfpug
Hi, all,

Last night I hosed my Thinkpad by plugging it into a start-up's power socket.
Apparently there was a spike or something, because my display filled up with
garbage, and then the whole thing locked up.  Now it doesn't boot reliably
and, when it does, it locks up randomly* (especially if I move it).  I
guess that part of my circuitry is fried.

Setting	aside the legal issues for a moment, I need to get this fixed.

Does anyone know of a good laptop repair joint in the Bay Area?  I'm
willing to travel to a place that's considerably clueful and reliable.

Many thanks,

* Note, this is not normal behavior; it's running Linux, not Windows. ;)

--
Quinn Weaver DBA Fairpath
http://fairpath.com/quinn/contact/

sfpug by date

Next:From: Quinn WeaverDate: 2007-01-17 23:07:01