Re : Re : Re : Still no text for error messages

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : Re : Re : Still no text for error messages
Date: 2007-01-16 13:48:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have installed a Win32 PG 8.1.5 on my machine and I can not reproduce this bug on that server.
So it is server dependant: you knew that already as you could not reproduce the bug. ;-)

Still, it is also client dependant, as I get correct error messages with PG Admin 1.4.3 (on the other server) ! ? ! ?

The non working server configuration is Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake-installed in French) and Postgres 8.1.4:
PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.0.gcc-opt (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

I did not install Postgres, so I do not know the options used to install it. It should be the default install (pretty much): if you need me to give details (a conf file or something else). Let me know, and I will provide it.
However, you will have to be fairly precise as I am quite new to PostgreSQL.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy