Re: New liveCD?

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Koen Martens <pgsql(at)metro(dot)cx>
Subject: Re: New liveCD?
Date: 2007-01-11 19:36:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

On Thursday 11 January 2007 13:53, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Koen,
>
> > The alternative would be of course to just compile/install from
> > source, but that would require a bit too much effort compared to the
> > time available, and would make further updates more cumbersome.
>
> Well, would you be interested in contributing materials to Robert's CD
> instead, then?

I'd appreciate any assistance from Koen.

> For example, your CD had a Slony setup and Robert's does not.
> There's also some other stuff it would be good to have:

How's that different from the SLONY (current as of 8 jan), with documentation, that's been on my live CD for the past couple of years now?

> a) sample application, which includes use of some PostgreSQL-only
> functionality

What kind of sample application are you talking about? Right now, I've got SSH, pgpool a php enable webserver, phppgadmin, pgadmin and of course psql.

> b) some form of pictoral or animated tutorial

It's true there's never enough nice eye candy but that takes as much effort as an article. My CD is currently configured to play multi-media

> c) document of links on where to get all the other PostgreSQL stuff

Heres a summary list of the current documentation on pg_live:
ABOUT pg_live
What's a live CD?
Pg_live Features
Clients & Utilities