ODBC and Boolean

From: Grahame Jordan <gjordan(at)geicp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC and Boolean
Date: 2007-01-09 03:10:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am using postgres8.1 on a Debian etch machine and am trying to port an
access database to postgres. I have installed the latest ODBC driver on
WinXP (psqlodbc-08_02_0200.zip) and most things work OK.

The most problematic are the checkboxes. At first they work OK but after a
while when setting a checkbox we get an error that seems to keep on
happening.

"The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try
inserting or pasting less data"

Once it gets in this state it seems to stick. Even tried rebooting.
I believe that the query is not getting past the ODBC driver as I can see no
activity on the back end.

Any help appreciated.

--
Grahame Jordan