Status of Fix Domain Casting TODO

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Status of Fix Domain Casting TODO
Date: 2007-01-01 21:54:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm wondering if Gevik has had any time for further work on
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-09/msg01738.php ?

FWIW, I'm running into this trying to create a 'raw' domain that would
automagically convert hex strings into actual binary data for storage in
a bytea. My intention was to use that as the basis for an 'md5data'
domain (unfortunately, calling the domain simply 'md5' results in a
conflict with the built-in md5 function). So something to consider on
the domain casting is the case of casting from domain A to domain B to a
base type.