Re: TODO: GNU TLS

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>,Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>,"Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Date: 2006-12-30 20:56:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > 6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
> > Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
> > original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
> > these terms and conditions.  You may not impose any further
> > restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
> > You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to
> > this License.
>
> I don't see the distinction here.  Where does it say having to include
> another license is a different additional restriction from an
> advertizing clause?

Erm, I thought I included it already, but...

1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program.

That's an existing restriction in the GPL, therefore a restriction in
another license for the same thing is acceptable to the GPL for a
resultant work.  You'll also note above it says "an appropriate
copyright notice".

	Thanks,

		Stephen