PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG Admin on the command line = pg_dump
Date: 2006-12-27 01:42:27
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

I would like to automate the generation of a backup script of a schema (which I used to perform with PG Admin backup command).
I looked into pg_dump command: it does the job BUT not correctly for me as it does not create SERIAL column but INTEGER and then it creates SEQUENCES (I have scripts parsing the generated SQL file and looking for SERIAL columns).

I was wondering if it is possible to use command line switches to make the fantastic PG Admin III generate a script (without any user interaction).
I could not see any thing in the doc about that, so I am asking you guys and gals.

Cheers,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2006-12-27 08:55:07