Re: server process exited with exit code -1073741819 on 8.2 Windows

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: JEAN-PIERRE PELLETIER <pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: Re: server process exited with exit code -1073741819 on 8.2 Windows
Date: 2006-12-21 01:20:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs
JEAN-PIERRE PELLETIER wrote:

> Tom:
> Sorry to email you directly but the mailing lists seem to be down
> and you fixed a similar problem I reported back in October.
>
> I just upgraded to PostgreSQL 8.2 and have a function
> which crashes PostgreSQL 8.2 while logging these messages:
>
> server process exited with exit code -1073741819
> terminating any other active server processes

Ok, I took the latest from the 8.2 branch and tried your function.  My
server doesn't crash, but shows this error:

alvherre=# select * from UDFActualPerformanceVsStandard(1,'A');
ERROR:  tupdesc reference 0xa0e148 is not owned by resource owner Portal
CONTEXTO:  PL/pgSQL function "udfactualperformancevsstandard" line 9 at for over select rows