Re: New version of money type

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, jim(at)nasby(dot)net, kleptog(at)svana(dot)org, llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net
Subject: Re: New version of money type
Date: 2006-12-21 01:44:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:24:22 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:17:33 -0400
> > "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> writes:
> > > Cool. So what do I do with the patch? Should I add the currency
> > > symbol back in and commit or should I resubmit the patch to hackers for
> > > further review?
> >
> > Well, one thing you definitely *don't* do is commit right now, because
> > we're in feature freeze, not to mention trying to avoid forced initdbs
> > now that beta has started. Sit on it till 8.3 is branched, and
>
> OK. I hadn't thought of it as a new feature per se but I understand
> the initdb issue. Holding at 30,000 feet, ground control.
>
> > meanwhile think about what you want to do with the currency-symbol
> > issue...
>
> Personally I don't see a need for it but I am currently in favour of
> adding it back in before committing just so that we can deal with the
> issue separately. The same as the other changes being discussed.

Now that 8.3 has been branched shall I go ahead and commit? As
discussed I will put the currency symbol back in just so that it can be
discussed and worked on as a completely separate issue. I have
attached the current patch against HEAD.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves

Attachment Content-Type Size
cash64_patch application/octet-stream 13.9 KB