Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.2

From: Rickard Sjöström <rickard(dot)sjostrom(at)bluebottle(dot)com>
To: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Matthias(dot)Pitzl(at)izb(dot)de" <Matthias(dot)Pitzl(at)izb(dot)de>, rickard(dot)sjostrom(at)bluebottle(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 7.4 to 8.2
Date: 2006-12-19 16:59:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!
Thanks for your replies!

My problem is that I want to move the DBM to a different machine so now when it doesn't seem to be any easy/trivial way to migrate from 7.4 to 8.2 I might consider to continue with 7.4.

If I decide to continue with 7.4 I guess the procedure to move the DATADIR to the new machine and then start the postgresql server there with the old DATADIR should work without problems?

Thanks, again!

/Rickard