Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list

From: "Howard B(dot) Golden" <howard_b_golden(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list
Date: 2006-12-19 00:30:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi, I installed PostgreSQL but the pgsql ODBC driver didn't appear in the Windows XP Data Sources drivers list. I looked in the Windows registry and all the keys were the way they should be, but still no PostgreSQL ODBC driver!

Googling, I found the following entry on the Oracle(!) forum (see http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=254411&tstart=15):

                                     dcpanton(at)canada(dot)(dot)(dot)
wrote:

> Re: ODBC Driver Install Problem.

                                                                > Posted:                     May 22, 2005 4:57 PM                                                                                                                                                    in response to:                                  raiford                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Reply

                     > dunno if this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine...

> Apparently there's a bug in a version of MySQL that inserts an invalid entry into

> HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers

> Solution:

> Export the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers" key.

> edit the exported file to remove the line "@=" and save it. (anything below this line doesn't show up in ODBC Admin list)

> delete the registry key.

> merge your saved key file.

This worked in my situation.