Re: Switching to XML

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Blewett <david(at)dawninglight(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Switching to XML
Date: 2006-12-10 17:23:14
Lists: pgsql-docs
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> O.k. again... what tools? Either provide some specific solutions or
> back out of the conversation.

No, that is up to you, because you started handwaving about "tools".  I
know my tools, but then I'm not the one complaining that we don't have
enough or the right ones or whatever.

> We need to do migrate our docs to XML because that allows us to use
> xml-po, which is more efficient at helping translation than the
> currently used process.

Well, that seems reasonable, but I looked around for something
called "xmlpo" or "xml-po", but I could find neither a binary nor a
package by that name on my system.  Googling suggests that it is a
KDE-specific tool.  Can someone clarify?

> No, they also wanted easier stylesheet maintenance.

$EDITOR stylesheet.xsl

--
Peter Eisentraut