Re: Incrementing INET fields

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incrementing INET fields
Date: 2006-11-28 16:34:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 12:17:20AM +0200, Peter Nixonn wrote:
> It would nice if Postgres took away this problem from me in the same way
> that it handles date and time arithmetic so wonderfully.

Well, I presume that the date and time arithmetic got there because
someone needed it badly enough to write it.  _Especially_ since this
could be an add on component, it looks to me like an ideal candidate
for pgfoundry.  Now all it needs is an author.  ;-)  But you're right
that, if you're scratching an itch, there's at least a chance that
someone else has it.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun