how do I create a db with unicode encoding on a utf8 server

From: Jessica Richard <rjessil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how do I create a db with unicode encoding on a utf8 server
Date: 2006-11-28 11:34:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a Postgre server with UTF8 as the default encoding. I am trying to create a new database on this same server with UNICODE encoding so that I can load an UNICODE database from another server. No matter how I specify unicode option on this utf8 server, it just created a utf8 db for me any way. Can different databases have different encodings on the same server? I remember they could before....

Thanks,
Jessica