BUG #2789: problem with delete statement

From: "Lucian Capdefier" <luciancapdefier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2789: problem with delete statement
Date: 2006-11-28 00:21:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2789
Logged by:          Lucian Capdefier
Email address:      luciancapdefier(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

I have noticed a problem with the DELETE statement.

1. I cannot user table alias in the FROM clause of the DELETE statement.
2. I cannot user more than one, table in the FROM clause.

Example:

1.
delete
  from fxkanban.product_offer
 where offer_id=1 and
       exists (select 1 from fxkanban.product_offer x, fxkanban.product p
                        where x.product_id=p.product_id and
                              x.offer_id=offer_id and
                              p.owner='test')
works ok

delete
  from fxkanban.product_offer o
 where o.offer_id=1 and
       exists (select 1 from fxkanban.product_offer x, fxkanban.product p
                        where x.product_id=p.product_id and
                              x.offer_id=o.offer_id and
                              p.owner='test')
does not work

2.
delete
  from only fxkanban.product_offer, fxkanban.product p
 where o.offer_id=1 and
       o.product_id=p.product_id and
       p.owner='test'
does not work

Both problems issue SQL Error 42601

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Jeff DavisDate: 2006-11-28 00:46:12