BUG #2788: Create Function operator Broken?

From: "Shawn Tayler" <stayler(at)washoecounty(dot)us>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2788: Create Function operator Broken?
Date: 2006-11-27 21:53:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2788
Logged by: Shawn Tayler
Email address: stayler(at)washoecounty(dot)us
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
Operating system: Linux 2.6.17
Details:

I have been through the online DOC's the FAQ and can find nothing wrong with
it. So I am thinking its a bug.

CREATE FUNCTION default_status() returns null AS
'BEGIN
update status set wc to false, np to false, elk to false, sp1 to false,
sp2 to false, wc_rep to false, np_rep to false, elk_rep to false, sp1_rep to
false,
sp2_rep to false;
END;'
language 'sql';

It throughs a syntax error at the 'AS' and I can't seem to figure out why.

Sorry if this is not a real bug.

Shawn