BUG #2776: unable to access created user directory

From: "Raghava" <kraghavaiah(at)velankani(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2776: unable to access created user directory
Date: 2006-11-22 10:56:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2776
Logged by: Raghava
Email address: kraghavaiah(at)velankani(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: RHEL
Details:

hi,

We have uninstalled postgres-7.1.4 and successfully installed
postgres-8.1.4. After installtion we have created database with name
"finaldb" and with postgres user. I wanted to give a schema file (schema.sql
) file as input for this finaldb. Here are the steps iam doing and
schema.sql is in home directory.

su postgres
bash-3.00$ psql finaldb
finaldb=# \i /home/schema.sql

with this installtion of schema is working fine. But if i place the
schema.sql in created user directory

i.e useradd raghav
directory raghav get's created under home floder. If i place schema.sql
/home/raghav folder and execute the following commands

su postgres
bash-3.00$ psql finaldb
finaldb=# \i /home/raghav/schema.sql

with the iam getting "directory cannot be access". This iam able to resolve
by executing the command chmod -R 777 /home/raghav.

But i have to handle this kind of issue through installtion script. Can u
please suggest where are we are missing the configuration for postgres?

Regards,
Raghava