Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Date: 2006-11-17 06:39:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Tom,

> Not an issue, I think. The point here is that if you send an email that
> claims to be "From: josh(at)postgreSQL(dot)org", it'll have to actually go
> through the postgresql.org servers, else SPF-aware recipients might
> think it forged. If you are trying to send it *directly* to the
> recipients you might have a problem, but that seems like a pretty crummy
> mail setup for a wireless laptop anyway.

Ah, ok, not an issue then. Except that Marc would need to set up an SPF rule
for AuthSMTP, which I often have to use on the road. But that's easy enough.

However, you should give me time to contact all of the Regional Contacts and
warn them.

ON SECOND THOUGHT, can we please *not* do this 2 weeks before a release? I'm
just having horrible thoughts of all of the Regional Contacts being locked
out of their e-mail ... perhaps we could do it in late December?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun