Re: 8.2 Beta 3 Now Available for Download / Testing ...

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.2 Beta 3 Now Available for Download / Testing ...
Date: 2006-11-09 02:31:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 13:25, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> As a result of there being two *known* outstanding bugs, we have just
> bundled up a Beta3, to allow for testing of the recent patch concerning WAL
> replay ...
>
> Please download the latest beta from:
>
> ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/source/v8.2beta
>
> While the mirrors themselves catch up over the next 24 hours ...

Hey Marc, this url breaks consistency with previous beta builds and with the
windows beta binaries which all use an incrementing beta version number (ie.
beta3 vs. beta). I've adjusted the links on the website to match what's
actually up there, but it might be a good idea to remove the beta2 directory
from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/ lest someone gets confused about
where to look for the most recent beta.

--
Robert Treat