Re: updating to 7.4.13 helped it appears

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dim(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Nicolas Niclausse <nico(at)niclux(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updating to 7.4.13 helped it appears
Date: 2006-10-31 22:38:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 20:00, Geoffrey a écrit :
> I have not had any success in duplicating the failure on my development
> environment. I suspect it's because I can't generate the volume of
> users. The production system could well have 150-200 users at one time
> and we get a core file generated about 3-4 times a week, generally on
> the busiest days.

You could use pgfouine[1] and tsung[2] to easily reproduce such a load,
following those steps:
- activate query logging on your dev env, using syslog
- use pgfouine to produce a tsung session file [3]
- make a tsung file configuration using this session file
- use tsung to simulate as many users as wanted

[1]: http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/
[2]: http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
[3]: http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html

Regards,