Re: On what we want to support: travel?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date: 2006-10-30 18:59:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Josh,

> The Liason determines where the money gets spent.
>
> The Liason is accountable to the fundraising group.
>
> The fundraising group is accountable to core.

Also: The FG and the Liason get their *broad* priorities from the general
community, via the pgsql-advocacy mailing list.

So far, the consensus is that our priorities are as follows:

1) Infrastructure, if any money is needed for that;

2) PostgreSQL promotional speaker travel, promotional literature and CDs,
memberships in appropriate external organizations, paid development and
testing tools, and development of PostgreSQL features, with specific
tradeoffs to be determined by cost/benefit analysis.

3) Trade show booths, if we have lots of $$$.

I haven't seen any disagreement with that specific ranking of priorities,
and quite a bit of agreement with it. So if someone disagrees with any of
the above, how about some specific points of disagreement with arguments
backing them up? Otherwise, we're going to call it a consensus and go
with it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus