Re: pg_exec commit causes extremely long delays

From: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Carlo Stonebanks <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_exec commit causes extremely long delays
Date: 2006-10-28 16:05:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I do something similiar, but I don't see these delays. Do you have more details about your circumstance? pgtcl version, PG version, how big the table is, what kind of processing is being done in the script, etc. Have you tried simply debugging in the script to see where the bottleneck may lay? For example, doing a simply puts with clock at various points in the script.

--brett