Re: Mailing list problem?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-10-27 18:54:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> In order to debug issues that both Josh and I have noticed, where some postings
> aren't getting to the list by some ppl, Ihave enabled 'inform post' on the
> lists which will send you, as moderator for pgsql-es-ayuda, an email letting
> you know that a posting failed ...

Ok, no problem. They cause no harm in my case, I was just wondering if
there was a sudden problem in the server.

> Now, under the 'from resend interface', there *should* have been a message as
> to why it was rejected, which I'm looking into *why* its not getting added ..

Anyway I wonder why it does report "failure", when the messages do make
it through the list to all subscribers and the archives. Shouldn't it
report "success" it that case?

(The messages rejected by moderators don't get reported at all.)