Re: Create Database Question

From: norman <norman_khine(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Greg Quinn <greg(at)officium(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create Database Question
Date: 2006-10-27 17:10:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

You have to create the database first and then run your newdb.sql

# createdb -U dbuser dbname
CREATE DATABASE
# psql –U dbuser dbname < newdb.sql

Norman

Greg Quinn <greg(at)officium(dot)co(dot)za> wrote: I am trying to create a database with a table…

i.e

create database myNewDb;

CREATE TABLE servers (
serverid character varying(60) NOT NULL,
companyid character varying(60) NOT NULL,
servername character varying(50) NOT NULL,
companyname character varying(50) NOT NULL
) WITHOUT OIDS;

Cool. The problem is, if I run this SQL command, from within another database instance, it tries to create the table for that database, and not for the myNewDb database.
How do I modify the query.

I know SQL Server has something like…

Using [myNewDb]

CREATE TABLE …