Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)vollmond(dot)org(dot)ua>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Replication documentation addition
Date: 2006-10-25 19:32:31
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,

> I'm still not seeing anything in this patch that tells users where they can
> get replication solutions for PostgreSQL, either OSS or commercial.

It isn't designed for that. It is designed for people to understand
what they want, and then they can look around for solutions. I think
most agree we don't want a list of solutions in the documentation,
though I have a few as examples. Also, some of the solutions don't
require software, but just configuration or special hardware.

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us