Re: [GENERAL] Call for Donations

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Call for Donations
Date: 2006-10-25 12:34:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 11:20:18PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> because it is "american" but because SPI is a much larger organization with

But, uh, SPI _is_ USian. You can write off donations to it in the
US. Not in Canada, last I checked. And financial details are all
that is pertinent to us, since all SPI does is collect our funds. We
didn't join SPI to be part of their club; we joined them because they
offered a service that we needed, and that we couldn't provide
ourselves, relatively cheaply. That service was "US tax deductable
foundation status".

The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
--George Orwell